Why buy Lion Kona coffee along with dessert when there’s a grown-up version of Jell-O? The intense Kona Coffee flavor may not be everyone’s, ahem, cup of tea, but for coffee drinkers who take theirs black, the sweet taste will be perfect.
Kona Coffee Gelée Ingredients
- Buy hawaiian isles kona coffee gelée
- 6 tablespoons finely ground dark-roast kona coffee
- 2 1/4 cups boiling-hot water plus 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (from one 1/4-oz envelope)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For topping
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
Lion Kona Coffee Preparation,
Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee
- Make Kona Coffee gelée:
- Buy kona coffee beans then grind to place in a hand-filter-style coffeemaker (not electric) or a sieve lined with a paper filter using 2 cups boiling-hot water.
- Meanwhile, bring granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 cup hot water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon cold water and let soften 1 minute. Stir together hot coffee, sugar syrup, and vanilla in a metal bowl, then add gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Chill, covered, until softly set, at least 8 hours.
- Make topping:
- Force brown sugar through a sieve into a bowl, then add cream and curry powder and beat with an electric mixer or a whisk until it just holds soft peaks.
- Divide Kona coffee gelée among 10 (2- to 4-ounce) cups (such as espresso cups) and top with dollops of whipped cream. Don’t forget to buy Lion kona coffee here!
Originally posted 2017-04-02 20:34:05.